Tellico 2.3.8 is available.
- Updated ISBNdb.com fetcher to use v2 of API.
- Updated GiantBomb fetcher for XML changes in responses.
- Added coverartarchive.org to MusicBrainz data source.
- Updated Allocine fetcher for website changes.
- Added fetcher for VNDB.org.
- Added Dewey Decimal and LCC to ISBNdb.com results.
- Added Bibtex importing for drag/drop text (Bug 319182).
- Fixed Entrex/Pubmed fetcher for summary requests (Bug 319501).
- Fixed bug with retaining allowed values when adding entries from data sources (Bug 317905).
- Fixed bug with not properly escaping text in CSV exporter (Bug 317473).
- Fixed regexp in Google Scholar fetcher to set cookie (Bug 316550).
- Fixed character encoding in IMDB results list (Bug 314113).
- Fixed crashing bug with OpenLibrary and DVDfr fetcher (Bug 319681).
- Fixed memory leak when updating entries (Bug 316449).
Tellico 2.3.7 is available.
- Added data sources for DBLP.org and TheGamesDB.net.
- Added import capability for VinoXML files.
- Added capability to enter Google API key for book search.
- Fixed a bug with adding new fields when importing bibtex (Bug 304767).
- Updated the IMDB fetcher.
- Corrected character encoding and title data for DVDfr search.
- Corrected actor and role results from Allocine search.
- Improved the Delicious Library importer.
- Fixed a bug with editing the toolbar configuration in KDE 4.9.2+.
- Fixed a bug with a number field not detecting a modified value (Bug 313304).
- Fixed a bug that caused loans to fail to get checked-in (Bug 307958).
Tellico 2.3.6 is available.
- Added simple importer for CIW files from ISI.
- Added data sources for IMDb in French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Portuguese.
- Added API data source for Hathitrust.
- Added API data sources for Allocine, ScreenRush, FilmStarts, SensaCine and Beyazperde.
- Added API data source for Springer Link.
- Added API data source for Microsoft Academic Search.
- Updated KDE library dependency so Tellico works with KDE 4.4 and KDE 4.5 again.
- Fixed an intermittent crash when entering multiple ISBN values in search.
- Improved Amazon search for US UPC values from non-UPC sites.
- Fixed formatting bugs in IBS.it search.
- Fixed a bug for saving images when using a local image directory (Bug 299130).
- Fixed a bug with loading images from Google Book Search (Bug 299789).
Update: While the code compiles fine on KDE 4.5, it looks like there's a documentation incompatibility. You might need to edit the doc/CMakeLists.txt file and remove the line for Portuguese (pt) translation if you have problems compiling with KDE 4.4 or 4.5.
Recent visitors may have gotten a malware warning when visiting tellico-project.org in the last couple of weeks. Evidently, the website was hacked similar to described here. I took it down to try to figure out what happened, and I appreciate the emails and forum posts from users letting me know.
I'm still not certain of the attack vector. I have a couple other domains shared on the dreamhost account, one of which had old unused installations of gallery and Wordpress. That's my best guess at how the attacker got access.
I've changed my user and database passwords. I've reinstalled the latest versions of Wordpress and Drupal (6.x) in clear directories. I restored to older copies of the databases, checked permissions on all the directories, removed the old gallery installation, and made my best attempt at locking everything down again! I verified the checksums of all the Tellico packages against the copies I have on my local home machine and they have not changed.
With all that, I cross my fingers and hope everything is fixed! My skills and strengths are not in the area of website administration, believe me. So this was a real headache.
Tellico 2.3.5 is available.
- Added Amazon.com data sources for China, Spain, and Italy.
- Added filter rules for dates before and after.
- Updated GCstar exporter to include images.
- Updated Discogs fetcher to use API v2.
- Updated Wine.com fetcher to use API v2.
- Updated fetcher for Allocine.fr.
- Fixed bug that always showed checkmark for boolean field values (Bug 283444).
- Fixed importing of multi-line notes from Alexandria (Bug 289022).
- Fixed bug with merging entries (Bug 289346).
- Fixed bug with Cancel not working in the Entry Merge dialog.
- Fixed broken script for searching Dark Horse Comics.
- Fixed a crashing bug when using the scanner dialog.
- Improved support for importing movies and music from Delicious Library.
Update: I didn't realize that I had added code to Tellico that effectively raised the minimum KDE version to 4.6. I didn't intend to do that. If you want to compile on KDE versions earlier than 4.6, please grab this patch.
Tellico 2.3.4 is available.
- Added data sources for Google Book Search and MovieMeter.nl.
- Added capability for searching French, Spanish, and German data from TheMovieDB.org.
- Added importer for Goodreads collection.
- Added icon cache for improved performance with large images (Patch from Pedro Miguel Carvalho, Bug: 272583)
- Added UI controls for changing icon size (Patch from Pedro Miguel Carvalho, Bug: 250907).
- Added shortcut keys for showing full-screen and hiding menubar (Patch from Pedro Miguel Carvalho, Bug: 251157).
- Fixed bug with image link in Tri-Column report template (Bug: 272744)
- Fixed crashing bug with CSV importer and changing delimiters
- Fixed bug in year from Douban.com data source
- Fixed TMDB search for multiple person results
- Updated filter rules to match against values without diacritics for "Contains" criteria (Bug: 222400)
- Fixed showing a doubled filter count (Bug: 281082)
- Fixed bug when editing month in the date widget in KDE 4.7 (Bug: 281365)
This is the first release I've made from the git tree, using the releaseme tool. So please let me know if there are packaging issues.
Update: Compilation fails using KDE 4.7 when the kdepimlibs library is not installed. Since kdepimlibs is supposed to be optional, this patch is needed for compilation.
Tellico has transitioned from using KDE's SVN repository to the GIT repository. The KDE system admins have set up a very nice infrastructure for the new project management. Tellico's project page is the top-level destination. The repository is available for browsing.
All releases, back to version 0.1 in 2001, are included and tagged, though I doubt the older versions will build. The git history goes all the way back to when Tellico moved into the KDE svn repository. There are no branches yet. I'll likely work on feature branches before merging them back into HEAD.
To download the source code in development:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/tellico
Since there are some changes on the master branch, the most stable branch is 2.3.
git checkout 2.3
Then, the directions are the same as shown on the Tellico compilation instructions.
Tellico 2.3.3 is available.
- Added data sources for Filmaster and Douban.
- Added capability for importing ADS format from z39.50 sources.
- Added check for duplicate Bibtex keys (Bug: 245225)
- Added manga search for AnimeNfo.com.
- Improved performance for loading and sorting large collections.
- Fixed parsing bug for some IMDb results (Bug: 262036)
- Fixed parsing bug for empty table values (Bug: 261108)
- Fixed parsing bug with AnimeNfo.com results.
- Fixed bug when editing existing filters (Bug: 268829)
- Fixed crashing bug for editing some values (Bug: 269044)
- Fixed bug with loans not being updated for removed entries (Bug: 270129)
- Fixed build for Linux kernel 2.6.38+ when using newer libv4l library.
- Fixed build with GCC 4.6.
This is likely to be the last release using KDE's subversion repository. Tellico will follow the lead of many other KDE-related projects and move to KDE's git infrastructure shortly.
I just came across an article that appeared in the June 2010 issue of Linux Journal. Entitled Economy Size Geek - Organizing a Library, the article includes reviews of Alexandria, GCstar, and Tellico, along with some online sites and full-blown library management software.
Somewhat unfortunately, the author's review of Tellico really got stuck on adding a new book to the collection using data from Amazon.
After creating a new collection of books, my first step was to add one of the test books. The process of adding a book was the most confusing out of the three applications. I clicked Create a new entry, which pulled up a dialog with a lot of options spread out over six different tabs. Title was on the first tab. ISBN was on the Publishing tab. I entered in a title for a book and clicked Save Entry. On the other applications, doing that triggered a lookup, but Tellico just sat there with no additional data. Eventually, I found an option to say Update Entry, which was able to pull down information and update it (though no book cover was provided). I tried a second time, and this time, I filled out only the ISBN field. I saved the entry and asked it to update, but nothing changed.
He's not the first user to hit the same problem. I really need to rename the menu commands or adjust the whole dialog to make it clear that the New Entry dialog is only for entering data completely from scratch. In order to add a new book from Amazon, the best way is to hit the Search... button. (Suggestions for renaming this command are welcome!) Select Amazon as the data source, search for the book, and when you find it, select it and click Add Entry. It's that easy. And yes, you can search by ISBN in the same dialog.
Also, the reviewer noted this bug:
I tried to import the ISBNs into Tellico, but each time, it crashed on the import. I wasn't able to confirm whether this was a problem with the program or the way I installed it.
So far, that functionality has worked for me. But I won't jump to the conclusion that the reviewer had an installation problem. I just wish that he had followed up by either emailing the Tellico user mailing list, posting on the Tellico forum, or even filing a bug.
Oh, well. At least, the exposure for Tellico is always good!
The Tellico development team, namely me, is happy to announce that version 2.3.2 is available from the download page. Tellico 2.3.2 includes several bug fixes, among them:
- Fixed bug with list view settings not being saved between sessions (Bug 256373)
- Fixed bug with updating groups for derived values (Bug 256374)
- Made Nepomuk support optional
- Added cover art support for MusicBrainz source
- Fixed Google Scholar data source to properly fetch Bibtex
- Fixed bug with FreeDB results not using track artists (Bug 258541)
- Fixed bug with importing Bibtex file with keyword and keywords fields (Bug 258269)
- Fixed sorting multiple numeric values in column view
- Fixed sorting for numeric values in group view
- Updated Allocine script to version 0.7.3 (Bug 258281)
- Updated Bibtex importer to translate non-breaking spaces