The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a Digital Library portal for researchers in Astronomy and Physics, operated by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) under a NASA grant. The ADS maintains three bibliographic databases containing more than 8.6 million records: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics, and arXiv e-prints.
In order to search the ADS from Tellico, you can use a script that I just uploaded to kde-files.org. Download the script, and then add a new external data source in Tellico with the settings as shown below. Change the location to wherever you saved the script.
The search returns results in Bibtex format, which means that many of the values are bracketed for inclusion in Latex documents. Tellico does strip those brackets when viewing the entries, but they are saved in the data.
Did you upgrade to Tellico 2.3.1 only to discover that your carefully set window settings for visible columns and widths were lost? Bug 256373 is rather annoying, I know. If you compile from source, you can grab the short patch from the bug fix. Otherwise, I'll be getting 2.3.2 released in a month or so, and you'll be able to get your distribution's package.
I'm proud to announce the release of Tellico 2.3.1, with a number of bug fixes and a few improvements. My thanks go to everyone who has helped with the bug reporting and translating!
Get it from the Downloads page.
- Fixed the Edit Dialog to have consistent behavior when discarding edits (Bug 255938).
- Fixed issue in Italian translation that caused an error for HTML export (Bug 254863).
- Updated the IMDb search for new layout (Bug 253549).
- Updated Freebase search for new music schema.
- Changed HTML output for URL fields to truncate link text (Bug 250880).
- Improved the matching algorithm for updating entries when multiple good matches exist (Bug 250886).
- Fixed crash with searching z39.50 servers (Bug 250795).
- Updated GCstar plugin reader to use a separate thread for speed and robustness.
- Improved GCstar import and export for wine and comic book collections.
- Fixed bug with adding new fields during CSV import.
- Updated the DTD to match recent changes in collection fields.
- Fixed filter view to apply filter when item is selected (Bug 248657).
- Updated the export dialog to allow limiting the number of exported fields (Bug 246390).
- Added data source for searching DVDFr.com.
- Added options in the CSV importer and exporter to read and control table delimiters.
- Increased the maximum visible cover icon size to 256 pixels.
Sites with existing APIs are easy to add as data sources, and I added DVDFr a day after I came across it. If anyone is aware of sites with APIs which are not currently supported in Tellico, please let me know.
Tellico 2.3 is available. This is the longest list of new features and bug fixes that I've had in a while. Using KDE's bugzilla has really been helping me track issues.
- Added data sources for OpenLibrary and Freebase. Both require the QJson library.
- Added new fetcher for combining results from multiple sources
- Added filter for collection type to data source list
- Added clear button for rating widget (Bug: 227982)
- Changed Amazon Japan video search to include DVDs
- Added Dewey Decimal and LoC Classification to z3950 MODS import.
- Changed entry ID values to start with 1 instead of 0
- Fixed sorting by rating when rating has double digits (Bug: 246202)
- Fixed IMDb matching on partial titles (Bug: 245665)
- Fixed IMDb fetching of audio track and color (Bug: 244159)
- Fixed metadata import for file listing
- Updated BoardGameGeek fetcher for new API
- Updated Allocine fetcher for new website format (Bug: 235901)
- Fixed crashing bug for loading images whose size exceeded the cache size
- Control characters are now stripped from all text files on import (Bug: 231302)
- Fixed selection bug when duplicating an entry (Bug: 231125)
- Fixed crash in exporting HTML for collections with no grouping field (Bug: 231302)
- Fixed bug that showed info dialog multiple times when changing image location
- Fixed crash in CSV importer
- Fixed copy/paste for the entry view (Bug: 224580)
- Fixed paragraph fields to show HTML code in the editor dialog
Two additional data sources have been added to Tellico. Freebase is a generalized database of just about any structured data anyone can add. Tellico can search Freebase for books, comic books, movies, music, video games, and board games. Open Library is a online book database that aims to have one page for every book ever published.
Both sites return data in the JSON format, so the QJson library is required when compiling. These data sources will be available in Tellico 2.3.
Tellico version 2.2 is available.
- Enabled KOrganizer integration for adding loans to calendar (kdepimlibs required).
- Enabled KAddressBook integration for adding borrowers from the address book (kdepimlibs required).
- Improved performance for modifying many entries at once.
- Added data source for Giant Bomb.
- Added data source for The Movie DB.
- Updated CrossRef data source to allow authentication via email only (Bug #224619).
- Added option for disabling webcam support.
- Fixed some hyphenation issues for 978 ISBN values.
- Fixed bug in en_GB translation that affected file selection.
- Fixed adding "link-only" files (Bug #220645).
- Fixed Discogs track download and title search.
- Fixed setting correct permissions of backup file (Bug #219259).
- Fixed formatting of multiple people with auto-formatting (Bug #219268).
- Fixed updating from Amazon to include book title or album title in search.
- Fixed crashing bug for sorting during HTML export.
- Fixed multiple selection in entry view (Bug #216122).
Tellico 2.1.1, codenamed "Thanksgiving Travel", is available for download. Version 2.1.1 is a bug-fix release, and all users are encouraged to upgrade since there is a data loss bug in previous versions, related to loans and filters.
- Fixed bug that kept filters and loans for being saved in some circumstances (Bug 214672).
- Fixed crashing bug related to column sorting (Bug 214661).
- Fixed crashing bug related to formatting table values.
- Added sorting in search results dialog (Bug 214523).
- Fixed sorting in list view when auto-formatting is changed.
- Fixed webcam preview window to appear only for ISBN and EAN searches.
- Updated allocine search script to version 0.7.
- Fixed sorting in the icon view.
- Updated IMDB search to include director and writer.
- Fixed Polish ISBN formatting (Bug 215411).
Tellico 2.1, codenamed "Cincinnati Return", is available for download. Changes since version 2.0 include:
- Added data source for searching Wine.com.
- Added PAM/PRISM translator for SRU fetcher.
- Changed Amazon and Crossref data sources to store passwords locally instead of in the KWallet.
- Updated GCstar importing for video games and board games.
- Added feature for exporting to GCstar format.
- Updated ISBNdb and Discogs data sources to allow user access keys.
- Fixed crashing bug with HTML export.
- Fixed bug with auto-formatting for titles and names in the list view.
- Fixed bug with saving and reloading view settings.
- Fixed crashing bug when filtering entry with empty title.
- Fixed compilation with KDE 4.1.
- Fixed grouping to show empty groups.
- Fixed filter updating after editing an entry.
- Fixed bug with using multiple values in table columns.