Tellico 2.9.91, a.k.a. "3.0 Beta 1" is available. This is a beta release, not ready for general use. It depend on Qt5 and many of the KDE Frameworks 5 libraries, including KDELibs4Support. If you're comfortable with self-compiling software and using beta-quality releases, you're welcome to give this a try and let me know of any problems.
The release mechanism has changed, along with a significant amount of the CMake code used for building. Everything seems to work on the KDE CI site, so I'm relatively sure it's buildable, but I'm looking for feedback from anyone who is willing.
As always, back up your data files, including images. Configuration information is automatically migrated from ~/.kde/share/apps/tellico to ~/.local/share/tellico (unless you're setting a different location through the XDG* variables).
Along with the change in platform version, other updates include:
- Removed the defunct Yahoo! data source
- Removed the defunct Citebase fetcher
- Removed the PilotDB exporter (!)
- Added support for user-defined SRU queries
- Switched to libdiscid for reading audio CD info
- Updated the internal libcsv version to 3.0.3
- Changed UI to include switchable view between icons and detailed list
Tellico 2.3.11 is available.
- Improved support for importing PDF files from Science Direct.
- Enabled optional build support for QImageBlitz library.
- Fixed scrolling problem with large tables (Bug 348189).
- Fixed HTML exported titles with quotation marks (Bug 348381).
- Fixed crashing bug with file listing importer (Bug 345458).
- Fixed crashing bug with importing MODS files with external fetcher.
- Fixed accelerator key conflict (Bug 351226).
- Fixed bug with image importing for Discogs data source.
I've started the process of porting Tellico to KDE Frameworks 5. Many things are currently broken, but the main application does compile and show a window! I'm not sure how long it will take to get the first beta release out, but we'll see.
Tellico 2.3.10 is available.
- Updated Discogs fetcher to new API (Bug 342827).
- Updated Moviemeter fetcher to new API.
- Added filter rules for Greater than and Less than numbers.
- Updated BoardGameGeek fetcher to new API.
- Added capability to import a BoardGameGeek collection.
- Added a data source for Mathematical Reviews.
- Fixed crashing bug with some ISBNdb results (Bug 339063).
- Updated Producer results for IMDb and TheMovieDB fetchers (Bug 336765).
- Fixed bug with Allocine API search using punctuation (Bug 337432).
- Fixed bug with importing Goodreads collection.
Tellico 2.3.9 is available.
- Improved GCstar import and export to handle custom GCstar fields.
- Updated TheMovieDB fetcher to API version 3.
- Fixed bug with writing link-only images in HTML exporter (Bug 330649).
- Fixed character encoding in Allocine fetcher (Bug 334527).
- Removed IMDb country choice since it's now unavailable (Bug 330641).
- Fixed CSV importer bug, causing a hang (Bug 329677, Debian Bug 729503).
- Fixed crashing bug in IMDB fetcher (Bug 330591).
- Fixed crashing bug in command-line importing (Debian Bug 729499).
- Corrected user dialog text with Google Book Search results (Bug 323475).
- Fixed error in setting modified date for entry in certain cases (Bug 326911).
- Updated IMDb fetcher for website changes (Bug 325673).
Tellico 2.3.8 is available.
- Updated ISBNdb.com fetcher to use v2 of API.
- Updated GiantBomb fetcher for XML changes in responses.
- Added coverartarchive.org to MusicBrainz data source.
- Updated Allocine fetcher for website changes.
- Added fetcher for VNDB.org.
- Added Dewey Decimal and LCC to ISBNdb.com results.
- Added Bibtex importing for drag/drop text (Bug 319182).
- Fixed Entrex/Pubmed fetcher for summary requests (Bug 319501).
- Fixed bug with retaining allowed values when adding entries from data sources (Bug 317905).
- Fixed bug with not properly escaping text in CSV exporter (Bug 317473).
- Fixed regexp in Google Scholar fetcher to set cookie (Bug 316550).
- Fixed character encoding in IMDB results list (Bug 314113).
- Fixed crashing bug with OpenLibrary and DVDfr fetcher (Bug 319681).
- Fixed memory leak when updating entries (Bug 316449).
Tellico 2.3.7 is available.
- Added data sources for DBLP.org and TheGamesDB.net.
- Added import capability for VinoXML files.
- Added capability to enter Google API key for book search.
- Fixed a bug with adding new fields when importing bibtex (Bug 304767).
- Updated the IMDB fetcher.
- Corrected character encoding and title data for DVDfr search.
- Corrected actor and role results from Allocine search.
- Improved the Delicious Library importer.
- Fixed a bug with editing the toolbar configuration in KDE 4.9.2+.
- Fixed a bug with a number field not detecting a modified value (Bug 313304).
- Fixed a bug that caused loans to fail to get checked-in (Bug 307958).
Tellico 2.3.6 is available.
- Added simple importer for CIW files from ISI.
- Added data sources for IMDb in French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Portuguese.
- Added API data source for Hathitrust.
- Added API data sources for Allocine, ScreenRush, FilmStarts, SensaCine and Beyazperde.
- Added API data source for Springer Link.
- Added API data source for Microsoft Academic Search.
- Updated KDE library dependency so Tellico works with KDE 4.4 and KDE 4.5 again.
- Fixed an intermittent crash when entering multiple ISBN values in search.
- Improved Amazon search for US UPC values from non-UPC sites.
- Fixed formatting bugs in IBS.it search.
- Fixed a bug for saving images when using a local image directory (Bug 299130).
- Fixed a bug with loading images from Google Book Search (Bug 299789).
Update: While the code compiles fine on KDE 4.5, it looks like there's a documentation incompatibility. You might need to edit the doc/CMakeLists.txt file and remove the line for Portuguese (pt) translation if you have problems compiling with KDE 4.4 or 4.5.
Recent visitors may have gotten a malware warning when visiting tellico-project.org in the last couple of weeks. Evidently, the website was hacked similar to described here. I took it down to try to figure out what happened, and I appreciate the emails and forum posts from users letting me know.
I'm still not certain of the attack vector. I have a couple other domains shared on the dreamhost account, one of which had old unused installations of gallery and Wordpress. That's my best guess at how the attacker got access.
I've changed my user and database passwords. I've reinstalled the latest versions of Wordpress and Drupal (6.x) in clear directories. I restored to older copies of the databases, checked permissions on all the directories, removed the old gallery installation, and made my best attempt at locking everything down again! I verified the checksums of all the Tellico packages against the copies I have on my local home machine and they have not changed.
With all that, I cross my fingers and hope everything is fixed! My skills and strengths are not in the area of website administration, believe me. So this was a real headache.
Tellico 2.3.5 is available.
- Added Amazon.com data sources for China, Spain, and Italy.
- Added filter rules for dates before and after.
- Updated GCstar exporter to include images.
- Updated Discogs fetcher to use API v2.
- Updated Wine.com fetcher to use API v2.
- Updated fetcher for Allocine.fr.
- Fixed bug that always showed checkmark for boolean field values (Bug 283444).
- Fixed importing of multi-line notes from Alexandria (Bug 289022).
- Fixed bug with merging entries (Bug 289346).
- Fixed bug with Cancel not working in the Entry Merge dialog.
- Fixed broken script for searching Dark Horse Comics.
- Fixed a crashing bug when using the scanner dialog.
- Improved support for importing movies and music from Delicious Library.
Update: I didn't realize that I had added code to Tellico that effectively raised the minimum KDE version to 4.6. I didn't intend to do that. If you want to compile on KDE versions earlier than 4.6, please grab this patch.