I created a new Entry Template which uses the main image as a background and overlays a table of the information on top. You can download these directly from within Tellico from the Templates section of the configuration. Click the Download… button at the bottom.
Or you can see them directly at the KDE Store. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements.
I noticed a thread on the Linux Mint forums from a user of gco, the GNOME Comics Organizer, who gave Tellico a try. Since gco used an XML-based file format, it’s relatively easy to create a translator to import the file into Tellico. So if you have a gco file and want to give it a shot in Tellico:
In Tellico, select File→Import…→Import XSL Transform…
Select the gco data file
In the dialog box, select the location of the gco2tellico.xsl file
I also noticed that one of the questions is related to sorting the issues in the Group View. Right-click on a group or entry item, then select Sort By→Issue. Done!
The caveat coming from gco is that comic volumes were used as the top-level entity, with issues added to each volume. In Tellico, the comic issue is the basic entry, and the volume title is entered as the Series. I know that’s less than ideal, but it happens to be the way Tellico is set up now.
I have little resources or expertise in debugging Windows-specific bugs, but I’m certainly open to feedback, bugs, or anything else related to the build. There are also nightly builds against the master branch in the KDE CI system.
Tellico 3.4.4 is available, with a few bug fixes. Notably, v3.4.3 introduced a potential data loss if your collection used unicode code points with surrogate pairs, such as emojis, which is fixed in 3.4.4.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
Fixed bug with serializing code points with surrogate pairs (Bug 449244).
Fixed bug with the internet search dialog layout (Bug 449636).
Fixed bug with the taskbar icon on Wayland (Bug 450180).
Updated the Discogs keyword search to show accurate results.
Please do let me know of any regressions in functionality, compilation problems, bugs in the behavior, or suggestions for improvement!