Tellico 2.0 Released
The Tellico development team (namely me) is pleased to announce the first release of Tellico for KDE4. Tellico 2.0 is available for download and includes many bug fixes and updates, in addition to being ported to the Qt4/KDE4 platform.
- Project development was moved to the KDE extragear module.
- The project homepage was updated to tellico-project.org.
- The project mailing list was moved to tellico-users (at) kde.org.
- Project bug reports now use KDE's bugzilla server.
- Tellico was relicensed under the terms of the GPL version 2 or version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of KDE e.V., as required by KDE svn policies.
- KDE4 and Qt™4 are now required, with the earliest tested versions being Qt™ 4.4 and KDE 4.2.
- Document loading for the Tellico (.tc) format was improved and should be much faster for large collections.
- Image handling was refactored and should be significantly more robust.
- Tellico now uses cmake for configuration.The equivalent to running configure in the top-level directory is to now run cmake . (where the period tells cmake to configure the current directory. Building in a non-src directory is recommended.
- Support for sending citations to OpenOffice.org was removed.
- Because of API changes, searching Amazon now requires each user to request a secret key from amazon.com.
- The document syntax version has been bumped to 11, so if you save a file with this version of Tellico, older versions of Tellico will not open it.
- Due to being a part of KDE's extragear module, the quantity and quality of the translations increased for both the user interface and the documentation.
- Fields for automatically tracking the creation and modification date for each entry were added.
- Dependent fields were improved to allow using them for any field type.
- Adding multiple ISBN values now does correction for unmodified CueCat barcode readers.
- Searching for multiple ISBN or LCCN values was enabled for SRU data sources.
- The HTML export was updated to use country and language code both for sorting.
- Webcam support was fixed to work with new Linux kernels. The libv4l library is required.
- A bug that caused a crash with some large images was fixed.
- HTML export was fixed to include correct image location.
- Updating no longer appends new paragraph values [KDE #206759].
- Minor bugs were fixed in the bibtex importer, Alexandria importer, and GCstar importer.
- A significant number of unit tests were added to the development.
- Downloading new scripts is currently disabled as KNewStuff2 doesn't yet support secure signatures.
- Integration with KOrganizer is currently broken.
As always, please send your comments, questions, and bug reports to the mailing list.